The party decide to travel to Gepetto’s apartment in Paris as the German Army have taken the villagers of Domremy and may well come for them too. They need to think of a plan. When they reach Paris, Gepetto gives Karin some of Cornelia‘s old clothes, and while she is changing, tries to research Sapientes Gladio and the Holy Mistletoe.
Gepetto is able to find that the Holy Mistletoe is an artefact used to try and guide the soul, but is unsure what kind of effect it would have on Yuri, who seems unconcerned. After Karin has changed, Yuri suggests travelling to Wales to find Roger Bacon. Karin suggests they get a boat from Le Havre, but first they must find a way there.
Before they can make a plan, they are chased out of Gepetto’s apartment by Claw Soldiers. They flee through some train tunnels and into a nearby bar, where Gepetto’s friend Louis works. Louis suggests they find Dr. Gautier if they want to know more about train tunnels that lead out of Paris.
The party travel to the Champ Élyeés where Dr. Gautier is staying. Before going to see them, Gepetto picks up a dress he commissioned from Pierre Magimel for Cornelia. Pierre and his brother Gerard run a travelling item shop.
In the hotel, they meet with Dr. Gautier who agrees to give them information on how to get out of Paris unnoticed. He says that there is an old subway tunnel near the Champs Éyleés station they could use to get to Le Havre. He writes them permission from the engineer working in the area.
The party travel to the tunnel, but they are followed by Lenny. They travel through the tunnel for a while, where Yuri meets The Ring Soul who speaks briefly to him and Karin about destiny before disappearing.
Lenny manages to catch the party in a mine cart, however they are on separate tracks and Lenny is separated from the party, who go on to encounter Veronica, who summons some monsters to battle them. Once the monsters are defeated, she vanishes.
Origin & Trivia
Shadow Hearts Covenant Walkthrough: Paris
Previous Level: Ardennes Forest
Part One: Getting to the Paris Subway Tunnels
- You will be taken into a battle with some Clawed Soldiers
- Party can save in Gepetto’s Apartment after this battle.
- Exit Gepetto’s apartment and continue walking South until you get to a railing
- Turn at the railing to go down the steps to your right.
- Lift up the trap door and go down the stairs
- Run through the short tunnel and into the Subway Station
- Go out of the station and up the steps on Yuri’s right
- Up the steps, enter the building on the left
- Speak to the barman
- Go back down the steps. This will trigger a Wolf Bout with Tetsu
- Go into the Subway Station and take the Subway to the Champs Élyseés.
- Walk along the Boulevard, and you will speak to Pierre and Gerard Magimel.
- Continue into the hotel which is a building on Yuri’s left.
- Go into a room up the stairs on the right hand side, and speak with Dr. Gautier
- Return to the Subway. You can now enter the Subway Tunnels down some steps toward the left of the screen.
Part Two: Traversing the Paris Subway Tunnels
Tip: It is quite easy to get lost here, however, each carriage has a serial number on it. You can use these as reference markers if you’re asking “have I been here before”.
- Enter the Subway and continue straight on until Yuri comments on a train that he can’t get past
- When you reach a crossroad with 3 branches, take the left branch
- Follow this all the way until you reach a crossroad with two branches. Take the right branch.
- Turn onto the left and speak to the Ring Soul.
- Go left again and then North until you find a save point
- Flip the switch near the save point – this will move a train
- Go back to the 3-branches crossroad (right, south, right, south and continuing south)
- Now take the right-most branch on the 3-branch split)
- Go east, then North
- Take the second left
- Take the first right in the next passage
- Continue North to find a set of steps leading out
- Outside, go to the shop and get the FUSE
- Go back into the Subway tunnels, and go back to the very start – this can be done by going as far South as possible
- Go back to the train that was blocking the path before, and use the fuse
- There will be a cutscene, after which you can save
- BOSS: Castor and Pollux
Next Level: Le Havre
- Nieblung Prelude – From Gepetto
- Mr. Sommelier – Gepetto’s Apartment
- Crocell Crest – Chest in Gepetto’s Apartment
- Thera Leaf – Chest in Gepetto’s Study
- Hit Area Expand – Outside bar
- Coral Lariat – Outside Bar
- Stamp Card – After fighting Tetsu
- P-Defence Down – Champs Élyseé, behind subway
- Point Card – from Magimel Brothers
- Haures Crest – Hotel lobby
- Thera Leaf – Champ Élyseé near car
- Tentx2 – Spare hotel room
- Shell Bracelet – Subway near 3 way split
- Strike Expand – Subway, near 3 way split
- Pure Leaf –
- Attack Boost – from Ring Soul
- SP-Def Down 1 – Near carriage in Subway
- Strike Expand –
- Pocket Watch – Near carriage in Subway
- Phoenix Tail – Chest in Subway
- Talisman of luck – Chest in Subway
- Amy Crest -North after carriage has been moved
- Lottery Ticket –
- Zepar Crest – After boss battle
- Sitri Crest- After boss battle
- Soul Benediction – Near Junk Shop
- KEY ITEM: Fuse – Junk Shop
There are two shops in Paris, one run by Gerard Magimel and a junk shop.
|Talisman of luck||480|
|Cloak of Rags||540|