Apoina Tower is also known as the “Tower of Atonement” as it was used as a prison for religious heretics. These prisoners were tortured, and their souls then came back to haunt Apoina Tower.
Karin and Nicolai travel up the tower together and encounter the Ring Soul who hints that Karin may have a large destiny. The Ring Soul then disappears and the pair travel upwards to the room where the Holy Mistletoe resides. Before entering, Nicolai warns Karin of it being guarded by a Gargoyle which they defeat in order to take the Holy Mistletoe.
Origin & Trivia
Shadow Hearts Covenant Walkthrough: Apoina Tower
First Level: With Nicolai
- Arrive with Nicolai, after a cutscene. Party can save in this room. Will get random encounters and tutorials through the level.
- Run up right-hand staircase near entrance.
- Follow corridor and stairs around.
- Walk into main hallway for another cutscene
- Continue to stairs towards the back for cutscene with Ring Soul.
- Climb upwards and into Purple Area.
- Use Purple Area as a teleport.
- Go through Gold Door
- BOSS: Gargyole
Apoina Tower Items
- Talisman of Luck: Up right-hand spiral staircase in main hall
- Thera Leaf: Up left-hand spiral staircase in main hall
- Mana Leaf: In left-hand chest
- Hit Area Expand: In Centre chest
- Attack Boost: From Ring Soul
- Pure Leaf: Chest on Third Floor
- Tent: Corner of top room
- KEY ITEM: Holy Mistletoe: After Boss Battle